Pastors Tim Lubinus and Paul Sabino from the Cornerstone Church network share the story of Cornerstone, the Salt Company, their method for reaching students and raising up leaders, and their big dream to continue planting churches that plant churches, in order to advance the gospel.
Chase Abner (Collegiate Evangelism Strategist – Illinois Baptist State Association)
Tim Lubinus (Missions Pastor – Cornerstone Church – Ames, IA)
Paul Sabino (Lead Pastor – Candeo Church – Cedar Falls, IA)
- Cornerstone Church began as an on-campus college ministry which then planted a community church in 1994 with 200 students and 23 families. They currently reach over 2000 people weekly.
- By identifying strategic cities based on demographic data, and partnering with a seminary to provide formal training on-site, Cornerstone has been able to plant 6 new churches in their region in the last decade.
Questions to consider:
- In what ways does your ministry provide formal training opportunities for those students who desire to lead or plant? (3:20)
- What factors do you consider when looking at new cities/campuses to potentially launch a ministry on? (5:10)
- What’s next for your ministry? Are you dreaming big enough? (10:15)
Links and additional resources: