Starting a new budget year at Cornerstone Church. Here is what we’ve decided for 2013. We target 1/3 toward ministries outside of our church, 1/3 for staff and ministries, and 1/3 for facilities.
Below is more detail on how the Regional & Global (funds on ministries outside of the church) funds are allocated.
Some of the larger items from Regional and Global ministries include:
- Church Start Support in 2013: Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, and New Heights Church in Indianola
- Next Generation Ministry includes The Salt Company and Cornerstone School of Theology.
- International Student Ministry (IFC) (reaching internationals on the ISU campus)
- International and Domestic Adoption Support (encouraging and supporting those who are adopting)
- Hope Children’s Center in Zambia (pastor training and orphan care)
- The Daniel Project (placing and supporting near neighbor believers as church planters among unreached)
- Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention including the International Mission Board (IMB) (global missions agency)
- Rosebud Indian Reservation Ministry (church planting and student exchange program)
- Serve India Ministries (supporting the training of pastors for church planting)
- Informed Choices of Iowa (crisis pregnancy medical center)
- Short and long-term missionary support
- Much more…
Full disclosure: it is sometimes difficult to categorize expenses in only one category. For example, we include staff that focuses on local international student ministry in the category “Organizations.” This expense could also be “Staff” because they are Cornerstone staff, “Missionaries” because they are ministering cross-culturally, or “Next Generation” because they are focusing on college students. We’ve done our best to pick the most appropriate categories, but I want to clarify that several expenses could rightly fit under more than one category.
Any surprises here? Do these numbers line up with what you expected? What’s different?