We’re having an Acts 6 moment at our church. Too much responsibility and authority for some ministries is bottle-necked at the top of the org chart. Like in Acts 6, we need to select some people “of good reputation, full of the Spirit and wisdom” to lead various service ministries. We believe this will empower more leaders to actively develop and improve each of these ministries.
Here is the list of “deacon” ministries that we are staring with:
- Adoption Information and Support: Providing information and support for families who are considering adoptions or have previously adopted.
- Foster Care Information and Support: Providing information and encouragement for families who are considering foster care or are currently providing foster care.
- Pro-Life Issues: Advocating for the unborn and providing advice and other services to women who are pregnant or think they might be.
- Native American Outreach: Ministering to the people on the Rosebud and Pine Ridge Indian Reservations in South Dakota
- Home for Awhile: Providing temporary housing for those who have recently become homeless.
- “Two Path” Prison Ministry: Providing mentoring for inmates of Story County Jail and minstering to them and their families while incarcerated and after release.
- Mentoring Local Youth: Providing mentors to area agencies like Beloit, Boys and Girls Club, and GRIP.
- “Wonderfully Made” Children’s Ministry: Ministering to families who have children with special needs.
- Benevolence Care: Need Coordinator: Providing financial and other support to Cornerstone members and other community members in need.
- Ministry in Ghana: Serving the people of Ghana through orphan care, medical missions, educational discipleship, and construction projects.
- Ministry in Zambia (Hope Children’s Center): Serving the people of Zambia though the Hope Children’s Center, a care center for orphans.
- Ministry in Zambia (Pastor Training): Serving the people of Zambia though pastoral training.
- Ministry in Turkey: Serving the people of Turkey by assisting in evangelism and church planting.
- Ministry in Senegal: Serving the people of Senegal through medical missions and evangelism.