Lots of noise on the announcement of the SBC (Southern Baptist Convention) Task force: Keep legal SBC name, but adopt informal name, ‘Great Commission Baptists’. I think name is an improvement over SBC.
BTW, in case you were wondering how Southern the SBC is, check out the map above.
This is a summary:
- They want to be respected and acknowledged for their contributions.
- They are hungry for honest feedback and mentoring.
- They’re great working on teams and want to be included in meetings, events and social conversations.
- They have other interests outside work and want a balanced life.
- They’re happiest with a flexible schedule.
- They need to be plugged in and connected to their technology.
- They are open minded and embrace diversity.
- They probably won’t stick around too long.
From one end of the Muslim world to the other, Christians are being murdered for their faith.
Here is a summary:
The portrayal of Muslims as victims or heroes is at best partially accurate. In recent years the violent oppression of Christian minorities has become the norm in Muslim-majority nations stretching from West Africa and the Middle East to South Asia and Oceania. In some countries it is governments and their agents that have burned churches and imprisoned parishioners. In others, rebel groups and vigilantes have taken matters into their own hands, murdering Christians and driving them from regions where their roots go back centuries.
Instead of falling for overblown tales of Western Islamophobia, let’s take a real stand against the Christophobia infecting the Muslim world. Tolerance is for everyone—except the intolerant.