Starting a new budget year at Cornerstone Church… wanting to allocate our funds in the right way. Here is what we’ve decided for 2012.
- Hope Children’s Center in Zambia (pastor training and orphan care)
- The Daniel Project (placing and supporting near neighbor believers as church planters among unreached)
- Rosebud Indian Reservation Ministry (church planting and student exchange program)
- International and Domestic Adoption Support (encouraging and supporting those who are adopting)
- International Student Ministry (IFC) (reaching internationals on the ISU campus)
- Serve India Ministries (supporting the training of pastors for church planting)
- International Mission Board (IMB) (global missions agency)
- Church Start Support in 2012: Veritas Church in Iowa City and New Heights Church in Indianola (beginning on Easter, April 8th).
- Next Generation Ministry includes The Salt Company and Cornerstone School of Theology.
- Short and long-term missionary support
- Much more…
Full disclosure: it is sometimes difficult to categorize expenses in only one category. For example, we include staff that focuses on local international student ministry in the category “Organizations.” This expense could also be “Staff” because they are Cornerstone staff, “Missionaries” because they are ministering cross-culturally, or “Next Generation” because they are focusing on college students. We’ve done our best to pick the most appropriate categories, but I want to clarify that several expenses could rightly fit under more than one category.
Any surprises here? Do these numbers line up with what you expected? What’s different?