2. Words are more powerful than you expect, Prov. 15:23, A man takes joy in giving an answer; and a timely word — how good that is! Matt 10:37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned. God’s word is powerful eternally, Isa. 55:11, so My word that comes from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please and will prosper in what I send it to do.”
3. Obeying God’s word is the key to success: Josh. 1:8, This book of instruction must not depart from your mouth; you are to recite it day and night so that you may carefully observe everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do.
4. People are eternally important; influence people with truth and encouragement for good. Phil. 2:3-4, Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves. 4 Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Among people your family is the most important: Eph. 4:22-33, Husbands, Wives, Fathers, Children; 1 Tim. 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, that is his own household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. Find a great wife (like your mother!): Prov. 31:10 Who can find a capable wife? She is far more precious than jewels.
5. The Church is the most important institution, use your gifts for its expansion: Eph. 3:10, This is so God’s multi- faceted wisdom may now be made known through the church to the rulers and authorities in the heavens. For some a church family is as close or closer than their biological family; Matt. 12:50 For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven, that person is My brother and sister and mother.”
6. You can’t do everything, focus on developing and using your gifts not correcting your weaknesses; spend some of your best time developing your skills for key projects: 1 Pet. 4:10, Based on the gift each one has received, use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied grace of God. 11 If anyone speaks, it should be as one who speaks God’s words; if anyone serves, it should be from the strength God provides, so that God may be glorified through Jesus Christ in everything. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.
7. You can beat the competition in the market if you do three things, from Gary North:
- Do exactly what you promised.
- Complete the project ahead of time.
- Do it for the price you agreed to.
8. Sin is alluring, promising more than it delivers and always results in shame and guilt. Avoid people and circumstances that bring you down, confess your sin, make restitution, move on. 2 Cor 11:14, And no wonder! For Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
9. Every action of mine – good and bad – is my personal responsibility even if I’m only 10% to blame. I will own my responsibility, ask forgiveness often. 1 John 1:9, If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say, “We don’t have any sin,” we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
10. Finances: Getting and keeping a job is the best investment, work to please your employer. Give at least 10% to your church, Save 10-15% in a diverse portfolio. Delay gratification. Stay out of consumer debt.